Brief Description of the site of the Practice Teaching



Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School
 

            Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School, situated at Sulucan, Bocaue, Bulacan, is aiming to cater the youth of Bocaue espescially secondary school age of Bambang, Sulucan, Biňang, Bunlo, Antipona and other nearby barangays.

            It was the great desire of the Roxas-Mendoza family spearheded by Governor Jon-jon Mendoza and Former Governor Josie dela Cruzto serve the Bocaueňos which drives them to establish the said high school at the heart of Bocaue. It was named after Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School in honor to their late mother Iluminada R. Mendoza, a dedicated teacher of Lolomboy Elementary School.

            The Roxas-Mendoza clan donated the required land area to realize their aspiration of having Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School through the collaborative efforts of Governor Jon-jon Mendoza, Congressman Pedro M. Pancho, and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan officials. The school sites and facilities were immediately developed to be utilized by students.

            The ground breaking ceremony of the dream high school was held on June 2008. The Roxas-Mendoza clan, officials of Bulacan Capitol, Bocaue Municipality, Barangay, Department of Education and community people witnessed the significant occasion.

            The school started its operation with authorization from Schools Division Superintendent Dr. Edna Santos-Zerrudo, as Taal High School Annex in the borrowed classrooms at Biňang elementary School and transferred to the new site on October 2008 with one hundred forty two (142) freshmen students under the supervision of Mrs. Teresita D. de Martin as the principal.

            The inauguration held on October 2008 marked the fulfillment of the vision of the concerned people who willingly and self-sacrificingly did their best in realizing the noble goal.

            At present, there are two storey-eight classroom and two storey-four classroom building which is being constructed to accommodate the growing population of Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School in addition to already existing two storey-four classroom and administrative building.
            Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School keeps on growing….. actualizing the dreams of Bocaueňos.

Source: IRMMHS Administrators Office



Gallery
The entrance

School grounds
Principal's Office
A marker dedicating the school to Mrs. Iluminada R. Mendoza
 



















Reflection
          A school, a fruit of love of children to their mother, an institution catering the needs of the youth of Bocaue, and  a place nurturing a better society by means of education. This is how I find Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School, the school where I spent many days as a Student Teacher. This place serves as my home, school, and a place to interact with the reality of becoming a teacher.

            As I become a student teacher, I did not know what were the things awaits me. I become a student before in high school but many things change now. Nervous, anxiety, excitement, and more emotions came to me when I first step here as a Student Teacher. I do not know how people here such as students, teachers, administrators and staff will treat me or will interact with me. All I know was how I will interact with them.  However, as time goes by I’ve become comfortable with the place and the people there.

          The school was small compared to other school in terms of population and land area. However, it continues to grow. It caters students in the nearby barangay and enables students to study for free. It gives education that will serve as a key to achieve better life for the students family and also to the community.

           When I’ve done in my practice teaching, the hardest part was leaving the school. I am happy because I am able to finish my practice teaching successful but I’m sad because I have to leave now. As I leave, I will bring the memories I gain at Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School and treasure it for the rest of my life. I may not leave physical traces on the school but I am able to leave traces on the hearts and minds in the life of my students.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titles and Synopsis of Professional Readings and References

The Final Demonstration Teaching

My Daily Experience