Evidences of Community Outreach

Evidences of Community Outreach



Clean-up Drive at Sulucan, Bocaue, Bulacan


While sweeping some garbage.

Students and teachers cleaning other parts

While cleaning the road.




 Gift Giving
Our first recipient Renjelle Hojas a student.
The third beneficiary a catechist Mrs. Tenorio
Aramae delos Santos a recipient student from Grade 7


The lyrics of the songs that we sung.
 Our last beneficiary the Borbon family.





Reflection

“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
Matthew 25:40

            Being a teacher is not just sharing the knowledge you have to your students but also sharing  or doing what you can for the community. It is for the reason that the community also took part in educating the students and building a peaceful environment for them. Aside from that, helping others within the community are part of our responsibilities not only as a teachers but also as a member of the society. I take this responsibility alive together with other teachers and students in the community surrounding Iluminada Roxas-Mendoza Memorial High School.

            The school conducts different community outreach and it differs in each departments. The programs was headed by each department like the Araling Panlipunan department and sometimes there were department that combines with other in conducting a program. Most outreach program were teaching to out-of-school youth and on Day Care Center but there were also other way of giving back to the community.

            There were two community outreach that I join together with other teachers and students. On our first outreach program it was headed by the Araling Panlipunan Club. In the program we have a clean-up drive on some parts of the road leading to the school. Together with the students and other teacher we sweep the roads for two hours. This program enables a part of the community to be clean. It is for the reason that living in a clean community can make a beautiful environment to the students.

            Christmas caroling was part of the Filipino Traditions during Christmas Season. It embodies the essence of gift giving. However, instead of asking gifts to the house where we would sing, we would be the one who wold gave to the owner of the house. On the list we have six individuals who are in need that we would be giving gifts. As we do caroling on the houses of the beneficiaries, I saw how some of my students live and  other people. I think as we were giving them how fortunate I am I’m living in comfortable way and saddened because I saw how they live. I never thought some of my students live that way because most of the beneficiaries were Grade 7 students.

            On the two outreach program that I joined, I saw how important it was to communicate and interact with the community. It shows how I can make a change or help others in a small little way. It also enlightened me on how my students live in an unfortunate way and gave me motivation to pursue my passion to teach so that in education students can build a better life for them and their families. Indeed, we have responsibility to help others as a human being and as a creation of God.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titles and Synopsis of Professional Readings and References

The Final Demonstration Teaching

My Daily Experience